Secret Space

After listening to an inspiring interview of Arianna Huffington at Accenture Women's Day Celebration yesterday, I decided to take my "secret space" today. She told that it will help you to find yourself and it did. I decided to take a walk alone today.. only me, my favorite songs and snow. Richfield is a quite and deserted place. I cannot think of any place in India without people at 4 o clock in the evening on a Saturday. Except few cars which overtook me, there was no one...nothing to intrude my secret space. It was a new experience to me - standing in front of my apartment not knowing where to go.. thinking whether to take a right or left and eventually settling for left. The snow started melting and there were small pools of water on the footpath with ice floating on top of it. Somehow the songs in my playlist reminded me of my current situation..alone, away from loved ones..And there i stood before the huge glass building in which i could see me standing alone with the big busy outside world behind me.. cars zooming past, trees and buildings standing tall and no one to hold my hand. I don't know if it was the song, or that sight, or the fact that I couldn't talk to him this morning which made hot tears stream down my icy cold cheeks. I walked thinking of all those sweet moments, not able to decide whether the decision to come here was right or wrong. I still don't know the answer but suddenly my eyes fell on the trees on the way. 
They go bare without any leaves, stand alone in snow for close to six months, fighting harsh winter, waiting for the next season- spring. I read somewhere that like animals, trees also go through hibernation in winter which in turn increases its life. One more month of struggle and tiny green leaves will start growing and then it is all warm and sunshine. For me, it was a symbol of hope. One more month and my season will change. I started feeling better and continued my walk back home. I got my answers without talking to someone, may be as Arianna told, the secret space helped me listen to my roommate who resides inside my head. Thanks!!

Comments

Popular Posts