Ready..Steady..Fly

That was indeed a dream which came true. I am bragging about it from the time i landed safely. Now that i dont have anyone else to tell about, I am here to write it down. It all started with a weird thought on one fine day a week back about doing skydiving. I never thought I will do it even though it was always in my bucket list. Before I could change my mind, I called them up and reserved for last Sunday at 11 am. As the day came closer, I started watching all possible videos with "good landing/ending" and it boosted my morale. I was not going to jump alone, it was a tandem one and I started to believe that the instructor will make sure that I reach down safely. I was scared to the core. Saturday night was the longest night I ever had. After some initial hiccups due to weather, we finally reached the place at 3 pm. Weather looked good even though it was cloudy. After the initial training sessions, signing innumerable documents accepting that if anything happens to me the company is not responsible and waiting for the first group to jump; we were finally inside that small plane. As it went up, my heart beat also went up. I realized I was smiling for no reason ( atleast the pics came good ). And then.. we reached... 13000 ft above the ground and the videographer opened the door. All I could see was white clouds, all I could hear was the wind gushing (they say it is 120 mph). I moved till the door, looked down and it was scary and awesome. I looked at the videographer for pics and before I knew I was falling and flying..I screamed out of excitement and my mind was blank... the clouds, wind and the videographer... nothing else...those 60 sec were the best part of the whole activity. I looked around and saw the almost curved horizon and the white clouds. I cant express that feeling in words. You have to feel it to understand. I could see the clouds but not touch them, felt like i was flying but in reality I was falling down. The free fall was over and we went up in the parachute. The view was awesome... "Awesome" is a very small word to describe the beauty.. it was so calm, quiet and beautiful. I could see the rain coming,droplets on my goggles and the instructor did a rollercoster spin. It was time to come back to land and we landed. I want to do it again and again if I get a chance. This is so addictive. But the feeling which you get when you do it for the first time will never come again. So I am gonna cherish this forever. And all of you out there who had a thought atleast once of doing this, please go ahead and do it. You will love it !!!!


Comments

Popular Posts